Monday, January 13, 2014

Mini Reviews #7: The Clockwork Princess


Title: The Clockwork Princes (The Infernal Devices #3)
Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: Yes
Finish or ARC: finish
Source: Bought
Rating: Big Kahuna (greater than 5 starfish)

Goodreads: Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Tessa Gray should be happy – aren't all brides happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. 

A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her. 

Review:

I don't need to tell you how much this book was loved by practically everyone. I don't need to tell you how awesome the plot and the characters are. This book was great period.

Except for one thing.

WHen you come to teh end of a series, it's sad. It's even sadder when one of the main characters dies because of old age. I mean, the ending was so heart-wrenching that I cried-happy and sad tears. Usually I don't cry for much. I don't like to. But my Lord, this author made the ending so emotion that I couldn't help it. I might be exaggerating, but I can't express my feelings any other way.

I'm not sure how I feel about the end though. It was wonderfully sweet, but because I rooted fro Will the whole series, it was a little shocking and I felt the part of me that loved Will go all sad and depressed. I will say one thing though: I want to go to the bridge and have a relationship like Will's and Tessa's. Maybe even one like Jem's and Tessa's too. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment