Saturday, April 28, 2012

In My Mailbox #22 / Book Haul #1 / A Shell Full of Books


Hosted by the Story Siren to show people new books coming out soon or already have so people can look them up and add them to their ever growing list of 'to-read'.

BUT FIRST!

As we all know, The Story Siren, Kristi (that's how you spell it, right?) was a accused of plagierism. According to many many blogs, she's been found guilty. Now, as much as I hate it that she has been found guilty, I'm putting on my big girl pants and moving on. This isn't the first time I've heard of this. The first time was when I recieved an email newsletter from The Story Siren about the issue. Now, I truly don't care what happens. It truly doesn't concern me in anyway besides that Kristi posts about new books coming out and events starting up.
Now, I've heard of the Book Haul. Not sure who started it. If anyone finds out, let me know. But I will be doing both. Why you ask? Well, I'm not going to abandon Kristi. No. Even with this big issue, people still read her blog. And the Book Haul thing. Same there. I haven't been blogging for long. I think only six months. Doing both helps me promote my blog without having to do giveaway after giveaway with money I don't have. I'm in high school for Heaven's Sake!
If she's does it again, and I don't believe she will, I will stop doing IMM, but from there I don't know. We'll see.
Anyway, so with this Book Haul thing, I've made a button, and then I did something of my own just for the hell of it.


And then what I'm also calling it.


So, that's the plan people.

ON TO THE BOOKS!

This was a good week.


Ebooks

Won:
Slide by Jill Hathaway
Thanks goes to Jen from Jen Ryland/YA Romantics

Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis
Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf
When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
Thanks goest to Lauren of 365 Days of Reading

The Immortal Rules by Julia Kagawa'
Thanks goes to Stacy of Urban Fantasy Investigations

Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
Thanks goes to Brittani from Hope, Faith & Books

Exchange for Donating to New Borns In Need Inc.:
The Darkess Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Underworld by Meg Cabot
Dreamless by Stephanie Angelini
Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
Destined by Aprilynne Pike
Thanks goes to Ashley from Ashley Suzanne

Bought (Ebook):
Charmfall by Chloe Neill
iBooks
Elemental by Brigid Kemmer

Holy crap. That's a lot.
So, what did you get?


Keep On Reading!



7 comments:

  1. Awesome books this week!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-42-e-book-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great books in there! I just got Unravelling too :)

    My IMM for the week:
    http://www.teadaydreamsandfairytales.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-5/

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you've got some brilliant books. Hope you enjoy reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome books this week! Hope you enjoy your books and can stop by My IMM Post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa that's a ton!!! Slide looks so good! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwww, so many great books!! Especially Glimmer and Slide! I hope you enjoy your reads this week. Great post, and you have a new follower as well. :)

    I would love it if you could check mine out!
    Michelle @ The Bookish Poodle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books! I have my eye on Glimmer and The Immortal Rules (especially the latter!). I've heard really great things about The Immortal Rules and I can't wait to get my own copy!

    Enjoy your books :)
    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete